There are 10 beautiful, big camp sites, all with electricity and trees. They are "cut out" of the bush to give a sense of privacy and seclusion and are perfect for a bush getaway.
Campsite 10 is a group campsite for up to 25 people with its own 2 bathrooms (shower and toilet in each), 3 braais and a bonfire area.
The other campsites share a communal bathroom (4 toilets and 4 showers for men and the same for women).
The campsites are all around the ablution and pool area.
Booking is essential
Camping cost = R320 per night.
This is for up to 4 people. Extra people are R80 per night.
Extra kids under 12 are R60 per night
Extra kids under 5 are free
Campsite 10 with private ablutions
THINGS TO DO AT KAREE KRANS
- 4x4 - Our well known 4x4 routes are a total of about 10.4 km long and are perfect for beginers as well as the more expereinced 4x4ers.
- Hiking – Hikers are free to enjoy 200 hectares of land boasting almost all of South Africa’s indigenous trees, and plenty of game and wild life.
- Mountain biking – We have 2 awesome mountain biking routes. The lemon and herb is the easy one and peri-peri is a bit more challenging for the more experienced riders.
- Dam – the dam is the centre of attraction at Karee Krans. There is a foofie slide over the dam, canoes to play in and plenty of tilapia and carp to catch.
- Stream – The river is a beautiful, peaceful place to have a braai or a picnic.
- Bird watching – Bring those binoculars and see how many different bird species you can find.
- Fishing – We have a small dam hosting plenty of tilapia and carp as well as a stream running through the farm. Kids can have great fun messing around with their fishing rods.
- Swimming – Guests are welcome to swim in the dam and in the pool.
- Canoeing – There are canoes available for guests to play around in the dam with.
- Obstacle course – Come and test your strength and agility on our super cool obstacle course built in the blue gum forest. There are also 2 foofie slides at the obstacle course.
ALL THESE ACTIVITIES ARE ABSOLUTELY FREE except 4x4ing!!!